Do you want to renovate your old kitchen? On this page you can read the average costs and the factors that determine the exact price.
Kitchen Renovation Costs
The costs for kitchen renovation can vary greatly. The price of your new kitchen is determined based on various factors. Think of painting and painting, the choice of certain equipment, whether or not a new layout and so on. On this page we inform you about the various options and the corresponding prices.
Average kitchen renovation cost
|Kind of job||Price indication|
|Connect the dishwasher||$ 100 – $ 300|
|Paint doors||$ 30 – $ 60|
|Replace stove||$ 45 – $ 90|
|Replace worktop||$ 150 – $ 400|
|Total renovation kitchen||$ 1000 – $ 2500|
The prices above are indicative prices. For the renovation of your kitchen, a different price can be charged.
When you are renovating your kitchen, the price can be very different. From a complete conversion of a kitchen, to just a new counter top; the costs vary. For a kitchen renovation, count on an amount between $ 1000 and $ 2500, including GST, man-hours and call-out costs.
How is the price for renovating a kitchen determined?
The price for kitchen renovation is determined on the basis of various factors:
You can give your kitchen a quick and easy renovation by having it painted or sprayed. Both walls, ceiling and kitchen cabinets get a new fresh layer. That makes the appearance of your kitchen look good again.
By painting your kitchen we mean painting:
- Kitchen cabinets : When you want to have your kitchen cabinets painted, there are a number of choices:
- Which colour would you like?
- Do you want painting or painting?
- Are you going for glossy or matte?
Let yourself be well advised by the professional of your choice. The cost of painting your kitchen cabinets usually comes down to an amount between $ 30 and $ 50 per door. When you want to have your kitchen cabinets sprayed, you have to count on an amount between $ 40 and $ 60. Important note here: These prices do not only depend on the above choices, but also, for example, on the material of your kitchen cabinets and their status.
By the way, if you want to have your kitchen cabinets painted properly, it is useful to remove the doors, but also handles and handles from the kitchen and paint them in a different place separately. This makes painting quicker and there is room in the kitchen for other craftsmen to get started. When everything has been painted and dried, the doors and handles can be mounted again. Your kitchen will look like new in one fell swoop.
- Walls and ceilings : If you want to have walls and ceilings painted, it is good to know what the substrate is. In this way you can determine whether precautions still need to be taken or whether painting can be done immediately. If there is a need for precautions, this will cost extra time, material and therefore money. If you want to know more about the exact prices and comments regarding spraying and painting work, read more here .
Replacing kitchen equipment:
Every few years your kitchen is ready for new equipment. This may be because your current equipment is outdated, no longer looks appropriate for your current kitchen or no longer has the functionalities you need. Below we list which equipment you can replace during a kitchen renovation and what the associated costs are. Note: These costs do not include the purchase costs of the equipment.
Replace refrigerator: You usually do not need a professional to replace your refrigerator. The supplier will arrange this for you, whether or not at an additional cost. There is a difference between placing a built-in refrigerator and a freestanding refrigerator. In the case of a freestanding refrigerator, there are no installation costs. A freestanding refrigerator just needs to be carried inside and put down. In the case of a built-in refrigerator, it is best to check whether the installation costs are included in the delivery of the refrigerator. In general, this is the case. However, if this is not the case, an inexpensive assembly service usually applies.
- Connecting a dishwasher: For connecting a dishwasher, an average of $ 100 to $ 300 is charged. The exact price is calculated based on the following:
- Is it a built-in dishwasher?
- Is there water and drainage and electricity nearby?
- How far is the dishwasher from water, drainage and electricity?
- Does a kitchen cabinet need to be adjusted?
If you already have answers to all these questions before you contact a professional, he can provide you with a good target price in the short term.
- Replace stove: When you have your stove replaced, it costs on average between $ 65 and $ 200. The final cost will depend on the following:
- Should the hole of the current stove be adjusted?
- Should the old stove be removed?
- Do pipes have to be moved?
You can also choose an oven in combination with a stove. Do you already have this and do you want to replace the combination with a new one? Then count on a cost between $ 45 and $ 90. If there is currently a kitchen cabinet under your stove, it must first be removed. Moreover, in this case you also have to remove a part of the worktop.
- Replace worktop: A new worktop gives a new look to your kitchen. Having a worktop replaced costs on average around $ 150 to $ 400 (excluding the worktop and the washbasin). If the worktop is very heavy, the costs increase. Two men are then quickly needed to get the job done. Also important for the final price: When the worktop you have ordered is delivered directly in the right size, it is placed faster than when it needs some adjustments in some places.
- Do you want a sparkling water tap ?
Fully renovating a kitchen
Renovating your kitchen completely entails more costs than just painting and installing a number of new appliances. If you want to renovate your kitchen completely, you can assume a total price of $ 1000 to $ 2500, including GST, call-out costs and man-hours, excluding the purchase of the kitchen itself. However, the exact costs can also vary greatly in the case of a total renovation. The main price difference is determined by the classification. That is why we explain a bit more about this:
- Layout remains the same: When you buy a new kitchen but the layout remains largely the same, you can count on an amount of approximately $ 1000 for its placement. If you go for extra equipment, extra pipes and electricity will be laid or shifted and an extra group may also have to be created. This is a nice project, but not as drastic as a kitchen renovation in which the entire layout changes.
- Format changes:When you decide to change the complete layout of your kitchen, you will see that reflected in the costs. Count on an amount between $ 1500 and $ 2500 for this. When a wall has to be demolished, a kitchen island has to be built or pipes and electricity have to be milled in the wall or floor, this entails the necessary costs. When the complete layout of the kitchen changes, some walls will also have to be plastered again and you may also choose a new floor or want to level it. New equipment may require an extra group in the group cabinet. Also check carefully whether the group box can handle this. Maybe this is outdated, so you can no longer add a group. In that case it is best to place a new group cabinet.
If you want to renovate your kitchen, it is good to find out as much as possible in advance. We have asked at least one of our professionals to give advice on kitchen renovation.
Have your kitchen renovated by a Skilled Tradies specialist
The information above hopefully gives you a clear picture of what is involved in a kitchen renovation. Now that you have an idea of the options and average costs, you can determine whether all this matches your expectations and budget. If you decide to carry out the project, you are probably looking for a good professional. Skilled Tradies works with various suitable candidates who have one or more certificates. It is generally more efficient to outsource a project to a professional than to do the work yourself. A professional craftsman usually does the job faster and more carefully. Also nice: The professionals via SkilledTradies are all bound by our house rules. So put a job on our website,compare the work of various experts and make an informed choice for a professional who suits you.
Featured Image by Dan Kitchens
Insert Image by: Custom Bench Tops & Joinery